Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Scrapbook Magazine

I have a layout in the latest issue of The Scrapbook Magazine.

I was asked to do the sketch challenge.
This is the sketch I was sent.

It was a pretty straightforward sketch to work from and I used it pretty much as it was, to scrap these fantastic photos from Prague.
I LOVED the graffiti wall-the John Lennon wall as it is known.
The story is on the layout, which you can read if you click the image.
The Mumma Bushka range of papers from Kaisercrafts suited these photos so well- they have a folksy feel, and the colours are just so bright and cheery.
And that big flower has a hippy era retro feel to it, so it made the perfect embellishment for the page.
It's difficult to see, but the flower has a lot of cut work, and the inner petals sit up from the outer petals.
There is also a lot of stickles on this page- on the word PEACE, around the journalling spot, and on the flowers.
You know how it is with stickles-once you get started it's hard to stop!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's fab Pam, I love it. Even though you've pretty much used the sketch as it is, I love the interpretatin in terms of contrast and quantity and perspective and blah. Oh and of course, I LOVE yellow dotted paper!

deb said...

Well done on your published layout - I like the bright & funky look. I did not know that Scrapbook Magazine was out - so I will pick one up soon.

Scrapbook Sisters Blog said...

Congratulations Pam. Lovely layout. Well done.

Niella said...

Awesome girl! So proud of you:)

xx.

Pam M said...

Yahhh fantastic Poss, good on you

Christine said...

Gorgeous page Pam, I love those bright colours

Lisa Dawn said...

haven't been here for quite a while Pam. Great page and congratulations on that. Must make you feel nice to be chosen.

Laura G said...

gorgeous page Pam- love the flower!

And you're tagged- sorry lol!
You have to:

1. Collect the book that is most handy.
2. Turn to page 161.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Cite the sentence on your blog.
5. Pass the tag on the five blogging friends.

lisa v said...

absolutely gorgeous, i love it

Amy Wing said...

Congrats on the pub! This is an awesome page. Awesome, awesome. Hey, we finally released the kit at Gauche Alchemy - I have a couple of your projects up on the blog and a link to the kit.