Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to work...

..so my summer holiday is over-well it wasn't much of a summer to be honest. The weather has been just awful for weeks on end, and I feel a bit cheated!! Well quite a lot cheated! Dry days with sunshine for a few weeks is not much to ask for is it?
Anway, I did get some scrapping done, which is a bit of a consolation. I have to say I am really enjoying my scrapping right now. I'm loving the Saturday Sketches on the Kaisercrafts blog.

Here's the latest sketch.
And here's my interpretation:
So you can see that instead of the scalloped paper across my photo I've used a photo strip. The photo strip is hinged at the top and lifts up to reveal the photo underneath and some hidden journalling. You could also add more photos underneath if you have lots of photos of the same event. My favourite thing about the LO is that dinky scalloped grid stamp around the edge.
The papers are the Pina Colada collection-great papers if you love bright colours!!

8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I LOVE bright colours and this is wonderful. I too like the stamped scallop -is all Kaiser??

Angie said...

I love the concept of this LO ...it catches the eye and draws you in.

Tanya said...

Really love your interpretation of this sketch Pam! The strip of photos is so effective! Also love your John Lennon Wall LO - how gorgeous!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Thanks for the stamp storage link - gaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

elliemook said...

Wow, this is fab. Love the bright colours with the black

diana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
deb said...

Great layout Pam - I love the bright colours and the way the small photos are hinged to add journalling - may have to pinch that idea!!

Bethany Kartchner said...

Beautiful work Pam! Looks like you are very busy! I can see why, you are a beautiful artist.