Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Did you know...

...that every Saturday, on the Kaisercrafts Blog, there is a new sketch? I love using sketches, especially when I have lots of photos I want to get scrapped quickly. A good sketch make a layout quick and easy to produce. This is my take on last week's sketch. The sketch, and some and other designers examples can be seen on the blog here.

If you take a look at the sketch you will see it was for a 7x5 photo, but I used Picasa to make a 7x5 collage of a number of photos of the same event. So even if a sketch looks like a one photo layout, remember to just look at that space as a space for photos-any number of them. This layout uses papers from the Kaisercraft 'Oh Boy' range. Now the red in the paper wasn't quite right for my photos, so I stencilled a brighter red through some sequin waste, and this made for a better match. The felt flowers started off as pink and I used the same bright red paint to match them to the photo. So you can see you how useful a few tubes of acrylic paint can be!!


In other news-I was recently guest designer at Gauche Alchemy. Gauche Alchemy sells unique papercrafting kits using a mixture of commercial items and lots of found items too. To see the whole kit, head on over to Gauche Alchemy-but here's a wee peek to whet the appetite:
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed playing around with this kit. It was full of things that I would never have thought to use on a scrapbook page, and so my creativity was really challenged by the kit- and I loved that! I'll post my Gauche Alchemy projects over the next couple of days-once they have been posted on their site.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Gorgeous LOs Pam, and no I didn't know aboutthe sketches and I do like a sketch!

Lucy Edson said...

Love the sequin waste dots, Pam - that is one of my favorite supplies! And great idea about the photo collage, that would save a lot of trouble with cropping and fitting for later - I need to remember that!

Beautiful layout - love the colors so much!

deb said...

What a lovely layout of your daughter. great idea for the photo collage thing - I must do some. I expect it was rather a messy layout to do with all that paint involved - I would never have thought to have changed the flower colour - great idea.

Julia said...

Thanks for the heads up on the sketches Pam. I have now bookmarked the blog. Love you layout and the way you did a collage of photos to get the 7x5 size.

Kim Dellow said...

Love your LO Pam. Kim

Moniqui said...

Great LO! Sketches can be very handy at times;)
I think i owe you a journal page right? I ll be on it real soon!