Friday, August 14, 2009

More from Gauche Alchemy...


This is a mini album I made from the Gauche Alchemy kit.
First, the cover. This is sticky-back fabric by Elsie Flannigan, from the kit, which I coloured with glimmer mists. I just cut a square with pinking shears and adhered to a small ring binder I bought from a pound shop a while back-so simple!! The binding is gaffer tape by 7 gypsies I think, plus some raffia and beads. The velvet leaves, the butterfly and the tree brad (isn't that cute? ) came from the kit. And the title is stamped onto a laminate sample that Julia sent me. Thanks Julia-I've finally used a piece!

Inside the front and back covers, I just coloured with distress inks and stamped some twigs and leaves in black, and the seed heads have been embossed in white for a bit of contrast.
The bird page has been coloured, stamped and a bird image from the kit adhered. The title was cut from a book page that came with the kit. The green and blue wildlife page has book pages from the kit collaged on, and watered down acrylic paint added, leaving it transluscent enough for the relevant images to show through.

Then the next page is a pocket, with the idea that I will make notes about the jobs to be done in Autumn-Like digging up the hostas that get ravaged by snails each year! The rear of that page is also a pocket page, and here I have added some envelopes to collect seeds from the garden for next year. I must remember to add a packet for the rocket seeds that are just forming.
The next page again used the book pages that came in the kit, again painting over the collaged papers, but leaving some relevant words visible through the paint.

And finally, just a page about spring.

I loved making this little album, and actually, it isn't finished, because I intend to add to it, as and when the mood takes me. It's a kind of garden diary/art journal-some practical bits and some more reflective pages.

I really enjoyed working with this kit. It contained things that I wouldn't have thought to use, and inspired me to make projects that are different for me. If you ever lose your mojo I strongly suggest buying a kit that contains found items, rather than straight scrapbooking stash-it'll challenge you and get you excited about creating again.

Oh and Gauche Alchemy is having a give away on the blog-you just need to leave a comment on the blog about what arty product is your 'must have'. All the info is here.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Angie said...

That album took my breath away ... it is so beautiful I'm lost for words ...and thats a first

Linda Elbourne said...

That is so beautiful - fabulous work ... bet you are well chuffed!

deb said...

Pam this album is just fantastic - you are so talented & creative - I am in awe!

Amy Wing said...

I do absolute love this project, Pam!

Angie said...

Pop over to my blog ...I have a
little something for you.

Scrapbook Sisters Blog said...

This is beautiful work. You have some great ideas and the colours are to die for. Scrummy:)

Lisa Dawn said...

love the bright colours in this . It's a wonderful album. great job Pam.

Lisa Dawn said...

love the bright colours in this . It's a wonderful album. great job Pam.

lisa v said...

Sublime Pam, just so beautiful.