Monday, November 16, 2009

Paper Roses

I just though I'd share the class I designed for Angelcrafts for the cyber crop on UKS this last weekend. it was a technique class, the technique being making paper roses. These are so pretty-really lovely for a romantic, or heritage layout.


The class seemed pretty well received, although some people seemed to have trouble forming the paper roses. You need to play with the paper a bit to break the tension of the paper, and
when rolling the spirals just show the paper who's boss! Don't be afraid to roll, and bend and squash the paper into shape!

So here's the layout:
And here's some step by step photos:

16 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi Pam
Those roses are beautiful.Thanks for showing how to do. I will be trying that out. They complement the page beautifully.
Gayle x

Angie said...

This looks fun ...may have a go but I'm not sure what the result will be lol

Tanya said...

Stunning Pam. Love your paper roses!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh these are gorgeous. Will have a go, but you'll only find out if I like what I manage!

Julia said...

Wow!!! Those paper roses are incredible. I will have to have ago,not sure mine will turn out as good as yours though!!!

Pam M said...

Oh Poss this Lo is stunning, the flowers are gorgeous, I will try to make some today

deb said...

Wow Pam - fab layout and gorgeous roses! Thanks for showing us how to TRY and make them - I have printed the page off an will have a go at them - will let you know how I get on.

Lisa Dawn said...

the flowers are great!!!
really lovely layout as well. so pretty.

cardesque said...

these are so pretty Pam and I love the addition of the lace to the leaves!

Sally said...

absolutely beautiful Pam. Love learning new techniques from you.

Louisa said...

Pam, your roses are simply stunning! They are exactly what I have been looking for to use on a very special layout. I am so greatful you posted the instructions her. Thanks!

Rachel said...

Pam these are gorgeous .. I will have to try these out for sure! Thanks fro the tutorial :)!

Rachel :)

Ngaire said...

Great roses Pam - thanks for sharing these with us.

Belinda said...

Love the roses..thanks for sending me here to take a look from SO MSR!

Nancy H. said...

These are so BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT!!!! TFS!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic.... after a little playing around with it...suddenly it was a rose. Thanks
Helen