Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting organised..

So this year I am hoping to become a more organised person- a 'place for everything, and everything in it's place' person. I have made some small inroads- found this flickr group for a start. It's pretty inspiring! And I have tidied my cutlery drawer, and my 'electrical' drawer where I keep bits and pieces to do with cameras, and computers etc, and a couple of other drawers etc. But the truth is my least organised space is my scrap space. So I thought I would organise my stamps-again! About two years ago I organised my stamps into CD boxes-you can read about it here.
However this system stopped working for me as I acquired more stamps. I found I was upending the whole box trying to find the CD box I was looking for. So last weekend I stamped and laminated and now most of my stamps are in this ringbinder.
Now I can just turn the pages until I see the image I want-and I can find the stamp on the back. Each laminated sheet is kept in a plastic pocket-the kind with the side opening, so nothing can fall out of the top! I think this is a pretty neat system, don't you?

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

lindschick said...

Very organised, like it.

Sally said...

Nice idea - I am planning to do (when time allows) something similar.

Linda Elbourne said...

Like it a lot ... I bet it was great fun looking through your collection too!

Katy said...

Wow very organised. Given how many stamps I have it would take me the rest of my life to do this though!!!

Julia Dunnit said...

It's veryneat Pam, indeed. Tell me, is there jsut one file? Do you stand it up or is it lying down...are all you stamps on EZ mount or do you have clear stamps too - are they to be stored this way?

Sarah Youde said...

That's exactly how I have done mine, it's fab isn't it :)

Judy said...

All you need to do now is to remember to put the stamps away in teir correct place after you have used them!

Lisa Dawn said...

great system Pam. So easy to find whatever you want. Looks like you have a lot of stamps!