Monday, May 23, 2011

Mojo's back!!

My scrapping mojo is back big time!!
I haven't scrapped much recently, as followers of my blog will have noticed. I really got into my photography and spent so much time on the weekends out and about with my camera, then editing photos at night, that I didn't have a lot of time left for scrapping. So all my stash sat there, unused. Then the other day my husband suggested that since I didn't seem to use it anymore, then maybe I should consider getting rid of it. He was right of course. The thing was though, the thought of parting with all that stash that had taken me so long to build up sent me into a scrapping frenzy!! No way was I giving up my stash, so the only thing to do was to scrap again! The hardest thing was getting started. I made one layout-it was OK-nothing to write home about.
Then I had a commission for The Scrapbook Magazine-so three more layouts made. I'm happy with those, but can't post them here until the magazine is published.
Then a scrapping challenge started at Scrapping Outback, so I joined that, and have made two layouts.
Here's the first:

For this challenge we had to fussy cut patterned paper-I cut the large flower, two paper lace strips, the hankie corner and the butterfly. Then we had to use a cut up some chipboard and use the pieces. We also had to use a distressing technique, and use at least three handmade flowers. Mine are the spiral roses, and the organza flower.
The current challenge is to use some kind of liquid medium-I used glimmer mists, layers, at least three patterned papers, die cut patterned paper, spiral handmade flowers and other flowers. Actually, the layout above just about fits the criteria for the second challenge, but for this one I didn't want to do the soft, romantic thing. So I tried to do something s bit more fun, bright and modern-even though I was using old papers.
Here's the result:


So in the last week I have made some cards, and 6 layouts!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

And she's back..... You haven't lost the knack Pam. Nice to see you in the blogging world again Pam! X

Claireliz said...

Lovely to see you back Pam, stunning layouts as always.
c
xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous pages. great when the mojo hits :)

Anonymous said...

poss you are on fire, looking fabulous, those roses are to die for
. xx PansyPam