4. Fold the strips along the score lines. Fine a thin implement-like a pokey tool, or a skewer.
5. Start to wind the strip around the tool. Try to keep it quite tight.
6. Glue the end into place and hold it tight until it has stuck firmly.
7. Cut more paper strips about 1.5 cm wide and glue together to form one long strip-but don't fold it this time. Cut 1cm into the strip, taking care not to cut through the strip-if you do, don't worry, just glue the two pieces back together. You will now have a long fringed strip.
8. Glue the fringed strip to the circle centre, and start to roll again. Glue the end when you've finished rolling.
9. Take your pokey tool and tease out and bend the fringe backwards to form the petals.