Friday, June 03, 2011

Flower Tutorial

I  love the quilled flower that I made for the card in the last post so I though I'd make a tutorial showing how I made it.
Click on the images for a larger view.

1. Take your paper and score at 1cm intervals.
2. Cut you paper into strips between the score lines.
3. Join some strips together with glue. I made mine about 1 metre long.

4. Fold the strips along the score lines. Fine a thin implement-like a pokey tool, or a skewer.
5. Start to wind the strip around the tool. Try to keep it quite tight.
6. Glue the end into place and hold it tight until it has stuck firmly.

7. Cut more paper strips about 1.5 cm wide and glue together to form one long strip-but don't fold it this time. Cut 1cm into the strip, taking care not to cut through the strip-if you do, don't worry, just glue the two pieces back together. You will now have a long fringed strip.
8. Glue the fringed strip to the circle centre, and start to roll again. Glue the end when you've finished rolling.
9. Take your pokey tool and tease out and bend the fringe backwards to form the petals. 

This flower is a great way of using up your patterned paper strips.
Add a centre-buttons, brad, gems-whatever takes your fancy.
I love them!!
What do you think?

By the way, I'll be doing more tutorials in the future so you might want to become a follower if you found this helpful.

10 comments:

Tassie Deb said...

Thanks for the How-to Pam, I loved your flower on the SO Pressure Test challenge and was wondering how you did it

Deb xox

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

lovely paper flower....I´ll feature on my blog.....hope you don´t mind
hugs from Brazil

Handmade Hannah said...

That is wonderful!

Melissa Elsner said...

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing as I am a sucker for handmade paper flowers. :)

Claireliz said...

That's beautiful Pam, great tutorial.
C
xx

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

thanks for you comment on my blog
have a happy week
kisses from Brazil

Nancy said...

This is wonderful! TFS!

Nancy H. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!! TFS!

Allycat x said...

Gorgeous - look so simple to do! Thanks for the tutorial :)

Crie Artezzanato said...

Hi Pam . I loved this tutorial. I've added a link to your tutorial to my blog.

Thanks for sharing.

val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com