Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mimi's Bakehouse

Emily and I discovered Mimi's Bakehouse in Leith last Sunday. We were going to have a drink in Cafe Truva, which we love, but then I spotted a very pretty cafe almost next door, and it was just about full, so I figured we should investigate. Wow, cake paradise-big gateaux, dainty tray bakes and pretty cupcakes. Emily had a huge slice of Chocolate Maltezers cake, and I had....a scone with jam and clotted cream. Emily thought I was really boring- all those yummy cakes to choose from and I went for a scone. The thing is, I LOVE scones and Mimi's didn't disappoint, a soft melt in the mouth fruit scone with a touch of cinnamon with rasberry jam and a generous serving of clotted cream. Delicious!!!

I took some photos-and Emily pulled faces for the camera, and today I made a layout  to remember our introduction to Mimi's. I have a feeling we'll be back!!

So here's my layout:

There's mica mists, Hambly, Kaisercrafts, Pink Paislee, Dream Street, and Echo Park- a real mixture.

9 comments:

Handmade Hannah said...

This is a great layout Pam. I really like how you have used the punched circles and the mica mists. Lovely fussy/fancy cutting too :)

C. Camp said...

Great layout, I really like the mixing of different papers.

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout, love all the colours.
C
xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

fabulous page, love the use of the mask

sixofone said...

Amazing.

akilli melek said...

hmm, might have to visit Edinburgh just to see all those cakes. love the layout, very summery.
caroline

akilli melek said...

thanks for your comments on my blog Pam. I've had such lovely messages from my friends in the crafting community, it is very comforting. thanks again
caroline

fatmonica said...

It's lovely.

cardesque said...

gorgeous page Pam, lovin' those colours. I must check out Mimi's some day - those scones sound a real treat!


Jackie x