Monday, September 12, 2011

One thing I loved about my Scrapagogo kit was that the patterned papers came in a lovely big brown paper bag, which I soon put to work in this layout:
First I used half of the zip trim to make a frame for my photo of Emily and her dad.
The zip is quite versatile because it can be moulded around different shapes if you snip into the fabric part at 1cm intervals like this:

Then I cut a long strip from the brown paper bag, punched along the edge with a Martha Stewart punch, and added that to the frame. I used glossy accents to adhere the paper frill, and kept it in place with clothes pegs:

I added another piece of the punched bag across the page, with some of the gorgeous lace trim from the kit.
The bottom two flowers are spiral roses also made from the paper bag. Some buttons, charms and a little bit of fussy cutting completed the layout-all from the September kit!

9 comments:

Al Hannah said...

Hi Pam, love how you have used your brown paper bag and the inking. It really looks lovely :)

Angie said...

I have never seen a zip used like this ...so inspired ...it looks fantastic in the setting. How clever are you with the paper bag and all the uses you found for it. I thought the LO was amazing before I read how you constructed it ...now I'm in awe. xx

tea_bag said...

wow I love the brown paper, and use of the zip the colours you have used the LO the photos oh I love all of it wow and thrice wow hugs alma xxx Now I just have to stay and have a look through you blog

Claireliz said...

Oh that is gorgeous Pam, love it.
C
xx

Sue said...

WoW I LOVE this!!

Ali said...

Awesome, would never have thought of using a zip like that. Love your monochrome look as well.

Karen leonard said...

Zips and brown paper..they look stunning! Thanks for the inspiration. Karen

Jenny said...

I love this LO, saw it on the Go-go blog a few days ago and I still think it looks amazing

cardesque said...

who would ever think 1/2 a zip and some brown paper with holes in it would look so great - fantastic! Very clever.


Jackie