Friday, September 16, 2011

Stamping..

Stamping doesn't come naturally to me.
I really admire those clever people who can take a stamp and some ink and do all sorts of clever things.
Me? I can do the basic-ink and stamp, but I reckon that has served me well in this layout of Jack on his very first bike.
All I did was used black stazon to stamp the bike onto patterned paper, and I LOVE the graphic effect.
In fact, I think this is my favourite layout from this month's ScrapaGoGo 'Curiosity Shop' kit. It's a pretty plain layout, because I didn't want anything to compete with the stamped paper. I  stamped the bike wheel on the wee wooden button on the bottom right too.
And see the black line, and the spots at the top? That's the waste from the scallop sticker from the Echo Park 'For the Record' sticker sheet.
Waste not, want not!

7 comments:

Helen said...

Love your stamped background and the button is a great idea :)

fatmonica said...

The bikes look great on that paper and the layout's lovely.

Claireliz said...

Fab page there Pam.
C
xx

Ali said...

gorgeous stamped background, and love all your embellishments.

Emy said...

The bikes look great and it's such a fantastic idea to use the sticker waste like that!

Jackie said...

That bike stamp works perfectly - love the way you've used it :-)

scrappee said...

First visit to your blog and love your layouts - very inspirational.