Tuesday, November 01, 2011

More Stash Busting...

Following on from my earlier blog post about using up your stash I am going to show you another layout which is full of  layers, designed not only to create a lovely detailed layout, but also to put a dent into your stash pile at the same time. Remember that paints and inks are part of your stash and these can help create layers of interest without adding to the bulk of the layout.
For this layout I started by using a doily as a mask, and spritzing it with Glimmermists. This was my first layer.
My next layer was shaped the patterned paper, the tree sticker and the music paper.
Then came the small doilies, the diecut circle, the lace, and the cut paper flowers:

 After that came some transparency scrolls, the photos, and more lace.

 Finally it was time for the embellishments-the wooden bird, cage and frame, the fabric flowers, and die cut leaves, the clocks and key and transparent butterfly. Lots of layers, lots of texture, all without looking over the top, or being too bulky!


And finally, while you've got all your stash out, make a card- uses more stash, and you won't have to scurry around making a card at the last minute, some time in the future!


Do you have any stash busting tips? Leave me a comment and let me know!

10 comments:

sixofone said...

Lovely LO. A great way to use up stash. I'm in the middle of making an Israel album and am using only old stash. I'm determined not to use anything new

Linda said...

Beautiful page, just love those Curio flowers :)

vixen said...

gorgeous page :)
I have quite a few papers stocked from old class kits that I didn't do because the papers aren't really me or appeal to me so I'm thinking of using them to start making cards for family special occasions. :)

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Love seeing the way this came together with all the layers.

Claireliz said...

Lovely layout & great tip.
C
xx

Jackie said...

I love the idea of making a card out of some of the left-over bits and pieces - a great way to build up a stock of cards.

Ali said...

That is stunning - I try to use up old stash a lot, but how did you choose what to use to start with - that's the bit I find hardest. The layers are amazing - so much loveliness.

Sue said...

I always keep felt over bits in baggies to make my cards or journalling spots or embellishments from :)
gorgeous layout

bonjen3 said...

I love that tree sticker Pam, I'm on the look out for a tree like that for a project I have in mind, I think I'll end up drawing my own

Alix said...

wow you've done a brilliant job here you'd never know you were using up your scraps!