Sunday, November 20, 2011

Some cards

Way back in about May, I had a commission, out of the blue, to make some christmas cards for Creative Cardmaking magazine.
It came as a surprise because I don't consider myself a cardmaker, but the editor wanted some ornate, heavily embellished cards-both traditional and modern in style. It was a bit of a challenge in that at that time of the year there was no christmas stock around in the shops, so I had to make do with old stash, and think out of the box a bit.

So here are some of the cards I made:

This one has hand dyed flowers- I  think I used coffee!
 
Lots of layers and distressing!

 The next one had a recycled thing going on-packing tissue, corrugated card and book paper:
Again, lots of distressing and inking!

 And this one with a lovely cluster of flowers and leaves and wire and mesh-some of these bits came from a christmas decoration...

 Only thing is-they are going to need careful packing if they are sent by post!

I did enjoy making these, even if they did take me more time than a card ever should!

7 comments:

sixofone said...

The cards are absollutely beautiful. They look like they took ages

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW Poss these are amazing

Pam Oz

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done Pam, hard enough at any time, but in May?!!! They're wonderful, I think 'Peace' will be my fave. For now!!

Claireliz said...

They are stunning Pam, & to be able to come up with them in May is amazing.
C xx

sutty said...

Gorgeous love all the layering and luxury.

fatmonica said...

These are stunning!

Elaina said...

Lovely cards, real keepers.