Wednesday, December 07, 2011

A layout...

...and lessons learned..
On the weekend I made a layout, the first I've done for a while that wasn't for a DT or magazine assignment. One where I chose all the elements, and got to play around a bit without worrying if it was good enough for public viewing. It was a very quick layout, not counting drying times, and it was looking good until I made two mistakes.
The first mistake was not knowing when to stop. I recently bought the Prima chicken wire stamp I used on the page, and have definitely over used it here. I have managed to cover up too much of the masking, and really didn't need to stamp over so much of the page.
The second mistake was stamping with Stazon ink on top of the circle rub on in the centre of the page. As you can see the rub on came off when I lifted the stamp. As a result I have one very distressed rub on, which was not the look I was after!

But not to worry, a memory is captured and I enjoyed playing around with different techniques.

5 comments:

sutty said...

It's beautiful and I can't see any of the mistakes :) Love all the stamping and the colour pulls out the blue in the photo perfectly.

Scattychick said...

I love it I think it reflects the non stop, over the top, energetic nosiness and busyness of young boys :)

Sue said...

Looks Fine to my - fab page :D

Claireliz said...

I think it looks fantastic Pam.
C xx

Ali said...

I think you are worrying too much, the stamp is lovely and there's always another layout to showcase the mask. Love your colour scheme too.