Sometimes things just don't go according to plan!
Take the layout I made last night, when I was in the mood for a little messy play-ink, mists, stamping, paint and messy machine stitching. I've not used messy stuff on a layout for a longtime, and I really enjoyed the process and I also got to use up some of my stash, which is great as I do have a lot and want to put it to good use.
The check stamp, and the ribbon trim are from ScrapaGoGo kits, the rubons, transparent compass, brads and the offshore tag are Kaiserkrafts. The green background paper is Prima packaging, the spotted paper was free from The Scrapbook Magazine. The cardstock is an old American Crafts paper.
However this is not the layout I had envisioned!
I had originally planned to use the other side, and did a crackle effect using PVA glue, acrylic paint and distress inks, which you can see here:
But it just looked ugly, so I flipped the paper over and used the reverse, and I'm a lot happier with the result. I will adhere the whole thing to plain cardstock in the interests of neatness!