Friday, January 27, 2012

Playing with paint....

... and ink and sprays...
I came across this 4 week free online course  last week, and decided to join in. I'm so glad I did!! I've had so much fun this week just playing with paint and ink, and stencils and masks and crayons and coloured pencils and pens! The idea behind the workshops really is to experiments and have fun, and that's just what I did.
Week 1 was about building up layers.
Water colour sprays, and stencils:
 More layers of colour and more stencils:
Extra colour:
Some acrylic paint-this is where things started to go wrong and I leanred it's not a good idea to add acrylics on top of water colours:
 Finally, doodling. The white is a correction fluid pen.
I'll show the rest of the workshop over the next week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam, I thought this course looked really interesting, but the link just takes you to a page that sys you need an invitation! wonder if you can let us have more details, please.
I love your page BTW!!

Angie said...

How fantastic is that page....off to check that link.

Angie said...

Boo Hoo ...I can only play if I'm invited .

Pam said...

I've changed the link and this shoud take you to the home page with details of how to join:

http://www.strathmoreartiststudio.com/

Angie said...

Me again ...maybe I'm thick but I have tried everything ....they still say invite only ....question is ...who does the inviting ...how do you get on this elete list?lol

Pam said...

Sorry Angie-I think because I was going thorugh a network blog link it was taking you to my page.
Try this link instead:
http://www.strathmoreartist.com/online-classroom.html
let me know if that works. If not it may be that I can invite people to join.
But I didn't have an invitation so it must be possible to register yourself. It is open to everyone.

Angie said...

Yeah ...it works ...cant wait to have a watch ...and play later. Many Thanks xx

Claireliz said...

These are stunning Pam.
C xx

fatmonica said...

Brilliant work-what fabulous colours!