Friday, January 20, 2012

Quick Layout...

Recently I bought some Dylusion spray inks from Art From The Heart. They came wrapped in red tissue paper tied up with twine. As I cut the twine a scrapbook page idea came to mind, no doubt influenced by the very talented and creative Lousie Nelson. Louise often frames her photos with twine or string or wire..
This layout was so quick to make and it was fun to make a page without patterned paper for a change.
I gessoed both the cardstock and the photo. I used the Dylusion sprays for the circles and  the last of my 7 gypsies gaffer tape to ground the photo.


The story is about my daughter's bargain boots-reduced from £50 to £30, and then to £18.When she tried them on she noticed they were different colours, so the assistant  then reduced them to £7.When we came home I grunged them up a bit more with distress inks, so now with a bit of wear they look like a matching pair! We do like a bargain!!

5 comments:

cardesque said...

love the story and the page!

Jackie

Angie said...

This is an inspired LO ... great boots ...even better at that price ...matching or not.xx

Clare said...

Lovely LO and nice to know distress inks are multipurpose! :D

sixofone aka Leah said...

Fabulous LO and even better boots. I also have some twine kept from some of AFTH's beutifully wrapped parcels

Claireliz said...

Great layout & great story Pam, is there anything Distress Inks can't do?
C
xx