Tuesday, January 31, 2012

still more paint...

Continuing with the Traci Bautista workshops. Week 3 was about painting a background in preparation for painting a 'girly glam' face. The face shape is painted in gesso onto the background. The flower shapes were doodled with india ink onto copy paper, cut and pasted onto the picture, then coloured and doodled using the techniques in the earlier workshops. I really struggled with the hair of my girl. It started out blue, and has had a number of reincarnations. I  just couldn't get the free flowing lines I was after. I do like her eye though!

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed these 4 workshops, and I do wish there were more, but sadly, it was just for 4 weeks. There is however a sketching workshop coming up and I'm keen to have a go at that too.
But through the workshop I found a challenge coming up in February, called 29 FACES that I hope to join in with. I just have to get over this horrible cold that's made my head feel like it's stuffed with cotton wool and has left me drained of all energy.

4 comments:

fatmonica said...

This is brilliant!I love the face and the hair is great.

Angie said...

I am enjoying the videos ....just need to actually DO the class when i get the bits together. Sorry you are poorly ... take care of yourself.

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is beautiful, I love the colours. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I have a terrible habit of 'losing' my scissors in my lap & finding them when they stab me! :)

BlackPumpkin said...

Awesome piece!!!