Friday, February 03, 2012

Been stamping...

... This year one of my goals is to develop my stamping skills. I came across this challenge the other day and though I'd join in- just for fun!

The challenge was to use only black and white, and to make something for a man. Well, I don't know how manly my card is, but it's definitely black and white! At first I used white on black by embossing with white embossing powder, but I didn't like it-my white embossing powder is kind of creamy and not pure white, and it just didn't look right. So instead I just simply stamped with black ink onto white cardstock. No fancy techniques, but I'm happy with the card, perfect as a 'Greetings from Scotland' card. I don't know the make of the thistle stamp, but the check one came from Scrapagogo as part of a kit. I love it's versatility!

Anyway, here's the card:

14 comments:

Von said...

Looks wonderful and masculine great choice of stamps :)
Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun and hope you came and play again
Von xx

Yvonne said...

Love everything about this card, Pam!

Neet said...

I think that the image says it all and it is manly enough for me Pam. Love the check with the thistle - these stamps go great together.
Thanks for joining in with us at JFF, hope you come back another week.
Hugs, Neet xx

chrissie said...

Really terrific card Pam and just right for any man

xxx

she3655 said...

Lovely card Pam, very manly I think xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

The stamp is almost certainly Crafty Individuals and is one of my favourites. Makes a great card for a man, your black and white has worked out perfectly. So glad you found and joined us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Weasel said...

Lovely card - great job!

Angie said...

I think it is unisex ...slightly on the masculine side ...and I love it. The black and white works so well .

Janet said...

Lovely card,love the stamps you have used
Janet

strangelycreative said...

I do like that thistle stamp an awful lot, its really versatile. But I like the way you have incorporated the different patterns - it all works really well indeed.

Emilie said...

Gorgeous card Pam! I love how you used the Gogo stamp! Very masculine indeed!

Suze Bain said...

Super card Pam, love the tartan ribbon and the thistle stamp. xx

Karen said...

What a stunning thistle stamp! Fabulous card x

Anonymous said...

Poss I adore this card especially the scotch thistle stamp

Pammy