Saturday, March 17, 2012

Knowing when to stop.

Sometimes when making a scrapbook page, or a card, or any piece of art really, it is sometimes difficult to know when to stop. Take this layout for example. It was looking fine, but then at the last minute I decided to add some sequin waste stencilling, to echo the honeycomb pattern at the bottom right of the page. It was a good idea in theory, but in reality, the page looked much better without it. But stencilling is very unforgiving-once applied there's no going back!!

The layout is made from the March ScrapaGoGo kit, which contained lots of elements that suggested a travel theme, like these cute map paper die cuts, and that great Tolkien quote. So my page is about Emily's first independent travel adventure to Paris last year.

The butterfly body is just a triangular piece of paper rolled around a skewer and secured with glue-very cute I think!!

10 comments:

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

I think the honeycomb reflects Eifel Towrer and works well - we are own worst critics.

Emilie said...

Gorgeous LO Pam! I love those butterflies bodys! Do make me want to go back to Paris!!!

Sue said...

Well I like the stencilling :) love the butterfly - fab page x

fatmonica said...

Brilliant page-love it!

Al Hannah said...

Pam I think your layout looks great with the honeycomb stencilling. Everything about your layout is perfection!!!

Angie said...

Love the LO ...and I shall be using that butterfly body idea ...if its OK xx

Claireliz said...

I think this is lovely Pam.
C xx

sixofone aka Leah said...

I think the stencilling really completes your LO. And thanks for the butterfly tip

Sharon said...

I love that the butterfly is cut from travel paper. Very clever!

Bethany Kartchner said...

Hi Pam! Great to visit you again! Your pages are beautiful. You always had a great eye for color. Love the combo of purple and yellow.