Monday, March 12, 2012

scrapbook layout

 I finally did a scrapbook page!!
I have been busy making cards for a magazine commission, and haven't made a scrapbook page for a while. However, on Saturday my Essentially GoGo kit arrived and it was so stunning I had to get scrapping right away. If you click on the link above you will get a feel for what was in the kit.
I've scrapped a picture of my son from his first year at High School. He looks so young and innocent!
The base paper is My Mind's Eye 'Follow Your Heart' by Rhona Farrer. It's so perfect I decided not to cut it up and use it as my base, building my layout in the top left  to balance the design on
bottom right of the paper.


 I couldn't resist a splattering of paint and a bit of masking to echo the hexagon shapes.
I still have lots of the kit left and will be making more layouts using some of the bits and pieces, especially the cute little embellishments that were in the kit!

7 comments:

Al Hannah said...

Great boyish layout ... really am liking all the hexagons everyone is using ... :)

Chloe :-) said...

What a great boy page - love the masking!

Dan said...

Great layout, I love the subtle distressed feel it has!

Glen said...

I love everything about this layout Pam - the hexagons, the paint splashing, the butterflies - everything. *Ü* TFS and thank you for leaving me a lovely comment on my blog. ~Glen~

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout Pam, love everything about it.
C xx

Debbi Tehrani said...

Really wonderful design! Love how you used the hexagons!

Rebecca said...

Pam,

I'm interesting in using your layout in an article for Scrap n' Art Magazine, but I can't find your email address? Would you email me at rebecca.boyer@scrapnart.com?

Thanks!