Saturday, April 28, 2012

Going For a Song..

...is the name of April's kit from Scrapagogo. It is such a pretty kit-pinks, apricots and soft greens. I made three layouts, but still have enough left over for another page at least.When I saw the kit and the embellishments I made the decision to use most of the embellishments on one page, this one:

 The layout is of my daughter and my niece's  gorgeous baby boy.
I got my punches to work to shape some of the patterned papers, and inked all the edges to give them some definition.
Here are some close ups:



 Because I had used a lot of the embellishments on my first layout, I had to make some of my own for this layout:


 
I made some lollipop flowers and die cut some butterflies. See the little girl on the left? Well, she's all grown up now, and in fact, is the mother of the baby in the photo on my first layout!!

The third layout I did was following the 'Blueprint to Go'. Every month at Scrapagogo there is a new sketch to help inspire your layouts.
I stayed pretty true to the sketch.


 Here's my interpretation:

You see that music stamp? It's stamped on micropore tape from the chemist! Home made washi tape. It's hard to see on here, but it's lovely and transparent so you can still see what's under the tape.
The stamp comes with the GoGo kit!! 

8 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous layouts! Love all the inking and punch work on the first, simplicity on the second focusing on the photo with clever embellies and great take on the sketch with the third - love them all!

Mini said...

Wow! Beautiful scrapping.
Sue x

sutty said...

micropore tape.....I have that....that's it off to have a play now - thank you. I love the pages they are beautiful :)

Nicki Tustin said...

I love the colours you have used, very pretty layouts

Linda said...

Great use of the papers, lovely layouts.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Your layouts are so soft and lovely and well designed. Your sytle is beautiful.

Ali said...

Love your sound of music layout especially and a lovely photo. Really like your 'washi tape' too :)

vixen said...

Gorgeous Layouts, I think the first one is my favourite :) you have been busy x