Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Step by Step- a new layout..

So yesterday I had an idea for a layout-but like most of my design ideas, it got lost in translation, and the layout I ended up with is nothing like the one I had in my head when I began. Funny how that happens!

So here it is:

This is the process for making this layout:

I started with an old piece of Kaisercrafts paper from The La Di Dah range
First-a spot of misting. I misted a plastic grid with brown glimmer mist, then upended it onto the paper to take a print.
 When that was dry I used a Tim Holtz Colour wash spray and a leaf stencil to randomly place some leaf shapes.

 After that I began to place some patterned paper. The blue is the inside of an envelope.

 Then the photos and a bit more paper and some words cut from a story book-The Little Red Hen-and a wee picture of said hen!

 Added some shading around some elements, and some white pen detail.

 And the journalling on some white strips of correction fluid:

And a cute strawberry button from July's Scrapagogo kit, and a bit of stamping with a chicken wire stamp from Prima..

3 comments:

Al Hannah said...

My favourite things about this layout are the misted leaves and the chicken head that is popping out beside the photo hehe! Great how you have shown your page construction too Pam :)

Angie said...

Love the layout...I do know what you mean about having a plan and the result being nothing like the original concept. I have had no scrapping mojo recently but I found your LO journey brilliant and my creative brain cells were jiggling. lol ...thanks.

vixen said...

Lovely layout and thanks for the step by step x