Sunday, September 30, 2012

CSI 39

I played along with CSI again this week.
The colour palette led me to this photo of my great nephew Patrick. Isn't he adorable?
I am so looking forward to meeting him next year when  I go to Australia.
The sad thing is that he will be 2 years old by then.

The inspiration photo for this challenge was very whimsical, (Scroll down this post to see) and so I found a pack of cute whimsical stickers to use on this layout. I bought 2 packets of these for £1 some time ago from the Pound Shop. I don't normally use these type of stickers but they suited the photo so well, echoing the little creatures on Patrick's quilt, as well as matching the colour palette perfectly.
Did you notice I seem to have a dotty thing going on?

Some Kaisercrafts leaves and rubons:

 Washi tape, Kaisercrafts felt stars and rub on bugs:

 The yellow and orange flowers were in the Pound Shop sticker pack:
The journalling is done on Safmat, and although you can see the film in these photos, in reality it is almost invisible. Great stuff when you want to add computer journalling directly onto a page.



So here's the Challenge and the bits I used:

THE SCHEME - USE ALL 5 COLORS

 USE THE SKETCH AS INSPIRATION FOR YOUR DESIGN-The sketch is from Once Upon a Sketch:


EVIDENCE - CHOOSE AT LEAST TWO ELEMENTS:
I chose:

■rub-ons
■leaves
■star
■little bits and pieces

TESTIMONY - CHOOSE AT LEAST ONE ELEMENT:
I chose:

■Frame your journaling.
■Inspiration Words: fly, learn, horizon-- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title

11 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh I love your layout!!! This is really unique - absolutely cute and the design is fantastic!!! Love those colours together too! Very inspirational!!! :D

MiniOwner said...

Wow! That is stunning!
Sue x

Kim said...

what a little cutie, love all your elements, thanks for playing along at OUAS!

Melenia said...

A cutie indeed, Pam!! Very tender page, I really like your take on the challenge!!! Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

ps. aren't these bits and pieces (especially the little animals) lovely??

Kay said...

This is so very sweet! Such a whimsical baby page. Love all those cute little baby embellies that adorn this very adorable page. Great take on the sketch & CSI challenge. Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

sixofone aka Leah said...

Beautiful page Pam. Your nephew is gorgeous. I have yet to play along with CSI, I've been so busy, but I'm really going to try to give it a go in the next couple of weeks

Sue said...

wow this is Gorgeous!!

fatmonica said...

It's a fabulous layout-love all the embellishments-and the dots!

Elena Stefanidou said...

Super cute layout!
Thank you for joining us at OUAS

Karen leonard said...

What a super layout. So many sweet details and i love the colours.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Delightful pages! So happy to have you at CSI!