Sunday, September 16, 2012

Experimenting with mists

I'm loving using mists, sprays and paint on my pages just now, and had an idea that I wanted to use mists to grade the colour from dark to light.

So here's the layout I made:
I used a Tim Holtz flourish mask, and sprayed a vairiety of blues, working from the lightest to the darkest, and drying between each application. I used a mixture of Ranger colour washes, Dyelusions, Cosmic Shimmers, and Glimmer mists. It looks very glimmery in real life, and the colour is very pretty.
The chipboard paisleys are embossed, and they too have a sparkle.
The photo is finished off with some Liquid Pearl dots.

Experimenting is fun. What experimenting have you been doing lately?
Leave me a comment and I'll visit your blog to check it out!

8 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Pam, I wish my experimenting with sprays turned out as beautifully as yours! Your LO is gorgeous and your graduation of colour is wonderful. Thanks for visiting me and leaving me a comment, much appreciated. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Marie-Louise said...

What great layouts. I have never tried scrapbooking. I think these pages are fabulous memories. As for playing around with inks and sprays I'm afraid all I do is make a terrible mess.

Emilie said...

Wow!!! I never thought of using sprays like that and it is GORGEOUS!!! I love it!!! I used white embossing powder for my journalling. I find that nothing else give a good "white" against a dark background!

fatmonica said...

This is gorgeous!I love the colours.

Al Hannah said...

Pam that is gorgeous - how you've used the mask and graduated the shading of the blue as you have come down the page is so effective! And the stamping behind your photo looks beautiful!

sixofone aka Leah said...

It's gorgeous Pam. The graded misting is fabulous

Angie said...

This is gorgeous as is the Lo below. I cant get sprays to do what i want ....maybe I just do not practice enough ...your work give me food for thought.xx

Maggie said...

I have to agree with the others, your LO is stunning. Just this week I did some doodling/drawing on a page for the first time. I'd like to try embossing but don't have a clue where to start!