Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stepping out..

I've let this blog slip somewhat this year, but intend to resurrect it, and start uploading my scrapbook pages again. So I though I'd start with a step by step: This is a great way to use up old papers that maybe you are not so fond of anymore.
 
First scrape some gesso (or white acrylic paint) all over the paper to hide some of the pattern. While the gesso is still wet press some stamps into the wet surface to add some texture:
 
 This is some embroidery fabric, cut into circles and adhered:

 
 I squirted some mist in spots over the page, then blotted it up with kitchen roll: 
 
 I liked the stained kitchen paper so I cut some circles of that and adhered those, then also added random stamps:
 
 Then it's a matter of building up layers underneath the photo, including some stitched paper scraps, washi tape and wrapping some string around the bundle. And a rubon from Kaisercrafts:

A few ink splats, more stamping, and a title to complete the page:
 
A wee close up of the layers, textures and pattern:
So, there it is- a layered textured layout.
 
In other news, I'm very excited to be part of the new Design Team at Merly Impressions. It's going to be great to start designing with Kaisercrafts products again. I used to be part of the Kaisercrafts Design team a while back, and love using their wide range of products!!
 

3 comments:

Claireliz said...

Lovely to see you back Pam, I've missed your posts :) Beautiful page & great technique. Congrats on being on the Merly DT, looking forwards to see your creations.
C x

jeanie g said...

Love this page from such humble beginnings. Did you die cut your cicles and are there some hessian pnes' in there? You spurred me on to use up some of my old pages. Thank you for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

cCool that you are back & sharing your art, love that page, will make me use up some old papers
Pammy australia