Friday, August 16, 2013

Scrapbook Challenge

To get my scrapping juices flowing this week I joined in with the latest challenge from CSI.
CSI is a great challenge site with inspiration for colour, layout and journalling.
 
This is the colour palette:
 
And here's the sketch:
In addition, we were to use at least two of these:
anchor or other nautical elements
stripes
fabric
trees
textured paper
fringe
pockets
ribbon, twine, or other trim
circle
clocks or watch parts
 
 And at least one of these:
 
Tell the story of together time or a getaway.
Wander through Dream.Write.Explore and be inspired.
Write two perspectives on your topic (could be from two different people's perspectives, or maybe the good and bad part of something, or something else you can think of).
Use striped paper as journaling lines.
Inspiration words: explore, authentic, escape--please use these as a jumping off point for your JOURNALING, not just as a title.
 
                                              So, here's my interpretation of the challenge:
I used striped paper for my journaling, and the story is about our trip together to Norway last year.
 
I've used circles, an anchor, textured paper and twine.
 
 
I did some stencilling with gesso-I bet you can't guess what I used as a stencil....
 
 

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I cant begin to guess what you used for the stencil, unless you cycled across the page!! t's a wonderful interpretation of a lot of choices and instructions! the colours alone are enough to faze me!

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout Pam.
C xx