Monday, September 09, 2013

CSI Scrapbook Layout

Here's my layout for Challenge 88 at CSI.
 
 
 
The challenge was based on this picture, colours and theme:
 
 
So, here's a look at how I went about making the layout:
 
I chose a yellow circle patterned paper and spread gesso randomly around with a plastic card. Then I applied gesso through a stencil. I think this bingo stencil is from Crafter's Workshop.
 
Here's a close up of the stencil-see how the gesso adds a bit of dimension?

 Next I used a number of alphabet stencils randomly over the page. The green is acrylic paint, the yellow and brown letters are Glimmer Mist.

I adhered a book page using PVA, and when it was almost dry I tried to rip it off the page leaving that lovely torn patchy look. After, I toned the print down with some gesso.


 
I forgot to take photos of the next steps, but basically I layered the papers, and adhered the photos, and some of the embellishments. Next I did the title and the journaling. After that I added some stamps relating to the theme-numbers. and a ruler too. Then came the rubons, and the staples. I decided to add the number line as this is the kind of thing often seen in a Primary classroom.
 
At that stage I thought I was done, but at the last minute had the ides to add the days of the week across the top, as these also are frequently displayed in a Primary classroom. So, once again, here's the final layout:
 
 

2 comments:

Claireliz said...

Fantastic layout Pam.
C xx

Gayle Gross said...

I like your page a lot. Know what you mean by "I thought I was done, and then I had this idea...." .Thanks for the tutorial on how you did your page! Saw it over at CSI, and found your blog. I am a teacher, too, and am feeling a bit guilty for the time I spent on my layout today! Oh well....