Monday, September 16, 2013

Merly Impressions

Most of you will know that I recently joined the design team at Merly Impressions. Well, I've now received my first kit and done my first blog post on the Merly Blog, here. The kit I was sent contained papers and embellishments from Kaisercraft's 'Take note' collection. I LOVE this collection, great papers in a subtle neutral palette, and these co-ordinating diecuts make putting a page together a breeze!
The first layout I made uses snapshots taken shortly after my daughter was born.
Maybe you wouldn't normally use these colours for a layout about the birth of a baby girl, but I think they work well:
 I had fun with this layout-gesso swiped across the background paper, acrylic paint spritzed and flicked across the paper too.
 
Then lots of layering up of papers and diecuts:

 
 I think my favourite diecuts are little photo frames with the diecut word at the bottom:
 
The September challenge is up on the Merly Blog here. You have a chance to win a £25 voucher for Merly Impressions if you enter, so why not give it a go.
The challenge is to scrap with photos that are NOT 6x4.
Here's my example:
 

 
I'll be back soon to show you how I constructed that layout.

1 comment:

Katherine (sutty) said...

Love it Pam.