Friday, September 20, 2013

Scrapbook page: CSI#89

This week I participated once again in the challenge over at CSI. You can find the details of the challenge here. The layout journaling was prompted by the word 'art', as stated in the challenge.
 
Here's my layout:
 
 
The challenge included a page sketch to follow-here it is:
As you can see I followed it pretty closely! As coincidence would have it I had already printed the small photos off for another layout, but changed my mind about using them. When I saw the sketch and the prompt it all came together very easily.

One of the challenges was to use a straw to blow paint around on the page. Since I didn't have a straw in the house, I had to disassemble a ball point pen to use instead!!
 
Another of the challenges was to use brackets. These are Kaisercrafts diecut brackets. They were the wrong colour, so I just flipped them over, coloured them with a black marker, then used glossy accents to give them that lovely glossy finish.
 
Another one of the prompts was to use different fonts, and as you can see I used a few! The journaling is all hand stamped. I love the effect, but it was time consuming!!
 
Why not head over to CSI and join in the challenges?

1 comment:

Karen leonard said...

I love how you used the small photos - and the blown paint brings back lots of memories of "painting"with my girls when they were small! and looks really effective on your layout x