Sunday, October 13, 2013

CSI layout

This month I'm guest designer over at CSI.
 I started my stint with this challenge:

And this is my layout:
 
 
 The inspiration picture had a lovely whimsical feel which I wanted to capture in this layout.
I made a little book for the journaling, and the photo is the front cover of the book. I sanded and painted around the photo of Emily to give the photo a slightly unreal, illustrative quality. (At least that's what I was trying to achieve!)
 
As you can see, here's the wee book:
 
 
 I used ephemera related to reading and books-the eye charts, book fair flyer:
 
and pictures and text from an old children's book:
This was such a fun layout to make.


4 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gosh I really love this layout!!! It's the best fun ever!!! :D Awesome!

Katherine (sutty) said...

Gorgeous Pam I love the sanding and stamping....and that white circle and stitching....so I guess I just love it all :D

Emy said...

Fabulous page. There is so much I love about it - the little characters, the book, the type on the photo - wonderful :)

Adriana B said...

wonderful page, love the book inside the page :)