Sunday, January 11, 2015

Artfully Inspired Life week 1

What a wild weekend we've had weather wise here in Edinburgh. It has been blowing a gale for a few days now-winds up to 90 mph at times, snow yesterday, snow and rain today. All this has meant I have not really been able to get out much, so it has been a bit of an arty weekend for me.

One thing I was working on was my week 1 page of the Artfully Inspired Life course I'm doing this year. I do find the lettering to be a bit of a challenge. I'm not sure I have a wide enough selection of pens yet, so I have to do a lot of filling in with a fine tip pen.
Anyhow here's my page:


The pink  ink used to colour this page is a Dylusions spray paint. The yellow is Caran d'ache new colours.

I chose to write some lines from Sir Walter Scott's poem, 'The Lady of the Loch'. These lines are about Loch Katrine. Last Saturday was an altogether different day-a stunning clear, cold winter's morning and I took my camera and walked at Loch Katrine. Along the way I discovered the loch was the setting for the poem, and also the poem inspired the music for 'Ava Maria". Many painters and writers have been inspired by the beauty of the loch, and to be sure the loch ignited a spark in my soul!

Here are some photos I took at Loch Katrine:

The story: 










4 comments:

Wrightboysmum said...

I love the colours they are so vibrant. The photos are lovely.

Lou Lou said...

Beautiful artwork and loving the photographs too. Lou x

massofhair said...

Your lettering is fantastic Pam, vibrant colours and a great yellow for the spark.

Never visited Loch Katrine, the light is always the best on cold clear days, your pictures are beautiful and i can see why your spark was indeed ignited:-) xxx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing art work! Love the photos too!