Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Happy Creative 2015

I'm planning for 2015 to be a  happy creative year for me.

I'm still designing for Merly Impressions. My first project of the year was a 2015 scrapbook using the HELLO TODAY collection from Kaisercrafts. You can see the rest of the album on the Merly blog.
So each month I will be posting at least three scrapbook projects.



I have signed up to Joanne Sharpe's Artfully Inspired Life course. I chose this course as I wanted to work on my lettering skills this year. Here is my first page for 2015:


Although that lettering looks loose and simple, it actually requires quite a bit of planning and concentration. So as a counter to that I am also doing the Documented Life Project. I intend to take a much faster, looser, playful and messy approach to this.

The first prompt for DLP 2015 was to collage book paper onto the page. This year I am going to focus on using time more productively, and that it what this page is about:


I'm also including a monthly calendar in my journal and that is where I will record what happens each month. (Already you can see the influence of Joanne Sharpe's class!)

I'm also hoping to work on taking a more artistic approach to my photography so I've signed up to another course, PhotoArtistry with Sebastian Michaels.

And finally, I'm hoping to play along with Darcy Wilkinson's Calendar Art challenge. I've yet to buy a calendar though.

Oh, and I'm doing a couple of guest spots at Paper Artsy as well!

So all that should mean I DO use my time well-and will hopefully kickstart my creativity! And I intend to blog about it all, so keep on checking back to see how I'm getting on!

Good luck with your creating to-leave me a comment and I'll check back with you too!

4 comments:

massofhair said...

WOW Pam, your year is packed full already, i hope you enjoy all your projects to the full. Am sure we will be very inspired by each and every blog post:-) x

Lizzyc said...

Wow this all looks wonderful.. love the art journal pages.. and the calendar looks fabulous too..

Jennie Hart said...

What great art, you have been very busy! I hope you succeed with all your goals. I was so busy with work last year that I didn't even bother but I am excited to get started this year :-)

jill said...

I like the colour combination for your calendar page