Friday, March 06, 2015

Artfully Inspired Life: February

Well, It's now March and I'm pleased to say that I did manage to finish Joanne Sharpe's Artfully Inspired Life February's classes.

This month the focus was on using Zig calligraphy markers, and Pilot Parallel Pens, and the theme was 'Passion'. The parallel pens are different to anything I've ever used before and took a bit of getting used to. They are an ink pen and the ink can be reactivated with water, which is great for shadow effects. But as I said-they do take a bit of getting used to, and I think that shows in my pages this month.

So here we go:
The page on the left is there because I somehow managed to leave a blank page and needed to fill it in somehow, so it is not part of the class. The tree is not my idea. I found it on Pinterest. I don't know whose work it was, but I pretty much borrowed it. The second page is using the Zig markers:


So the next page I added the heart doodles because Valentine's day was during that week- although I don't do Valentine's. I drew the lilium as a reminder of the beautiful bunch of white liliums I received for my birthday. The scent was heavenly too!
The bird page is another filler page-how I managed to leave another blank page I don't know! This is also a copy of a page I found on Pinterest.


And this last spread using the parallel pen and experimenting with using a two two ink effect. The bridge is a sketch of the Bridge of Sighs in cambridge, as a reminder of our stay in Cambridge during that week. That page is a bit of a mess I think! Not so happy with that one..



4 comments:

massofhair said...

All of your pages are fantastic as you are experimenting, playing and inspiring all at once Pam! Excellent you got to finish your course and now it's all play and practice.

Thank you for sharing, Pinterest is definitely a source of late nights, gasps, smiles and huge inspiration:-) xxx

Lizzyc said...

Well you may be a beginner with these pens but these pages look pretty good to me!

Claire said...

These are all gorgeous pages Pam, really lovely.
Claire
xx

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Pam your doodle pages are so wonderfully made and I love the quotes on them.
Anni