Saturday, July 04, 2015

July Calendar challenge

July is a busy month-holiday time. I'm just back from a week in Estonia and Latvia, which was very enjoyable! But before I left I did a quick version of Darcy's Calendar challenge. This month the rules were:
1. Keep a part of the original picture and incorporate that into your design2. Technique - Use the bumped method of stencilling. 3. Add – your face, a photo or drawing.. If you really cant bear to use your own face then cut one from a magazine... But no face stamps!

So here's my attempt:


My original calendar picture was The Herd Boy, by Edward Walton. I have left parts of the sky, and parts of the ground peeking through.

2 comments:

APG Jamie said...

just love all the self images!!! makes me happy to see that you have given yourself flowers

xoxo

Darcy UK said...

oh this is great, i love the added flowers in the hair and the doily wings and the little dress too. It works so well because you have made the face blend in perfectly, really good collaging/paper piecing techniques.